Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missouri Valley Football Conference
Journeyman midfielder Rostyn Griffiths says the prospect of achieving long-overdue team success made his decision to rejoin Perth Glory a no brainer.Griffiths left Glory at the end of 2014/15 to link up with Dutch Eredivise club Roda JC.But the 28-year-old is now back in Perth after signing a two-year A-League deal with the Glory.Griffiths set the A-League record as the most expensive transfer when he made a $1.3million move from Central Coast to Chinese outfit Guangzhou R&F in 2012.Although proud of that achievement, Griffiths said team success remains his major motivation.And he feels like he has a great chance to achieve it at Perth Glory following coach Kenny Lowes impressive recruiting spree.Last seasons stars such as Andy Keogh, Shane Lowry, Josh Risdon, and Diego Castro have been joined by Rhys Williams, Griffiths, and Adam Taggart in a squad bursting with talent.Some bookmakers have already installed Glory as the Championship favourites, and Griffiths hopes their predictions come true.Im 28 now. I want to win something, said Griffiths, who won the minor premiership with Central Coast in 2011/12, but is yet to land a title trophy.Winning something, especially with my hometown club, would be great, and definitely something I want to do before I finish football.I was looking to stay overseas.But as soon as Perth made the offer to me, and I looked at the squad and the chance to win something, it was too good to turn down.It became a no-brainer.Griffiths said being the A-Leagues record transfer wasnt something that weighed heavily on his shoulders.Its a record Im pretty happy with, Griffiths said.Its a nice thing. It gets up on the Wikipedia page. And one day, it will get edited, and Ill be the second biggest transfer in the A-League.Hopefully it will be a really good player that breaks it.For now, Ill still keep it. I like it. The boys give me a bit of stick, but its fun.Griffiths will make his Glory return in Wednesdays FFA Cup clash with Brisbane Roar at Ballymore Stadium. Cheap Avalanche Jerseys . The 17-year-old native of Marystown, N.L., pulled out of Skate Canada International last month in Saint John, N.B., with the same problem. Wholesale Avalanche Jerseys . 10 Texas A&Ms offence dominated as usual against SMU. https://www.cheapavalanche.com/ . Nine days before the opening ceremony, organizing committee chief Dmitry Chernyshenko said Wednesday that Sochi is "fully ready" and will deliver safe, friendly and well-run games that defy the grim reports that have overshadowed preparations. Avalanche Jerseys 2020 . LOUIS -- The New Orleans Saints looked like a team playing out the string. Colorado Avalanche Gear . 8 Kansas to a 64-63 win over Texas Tech on Tuesday night. The freshman from Vaughan, Ont. FCS Playoffs Second RoundThe Matchup -- Villanova (9-3) at No. 8 seed South Dakota State (8-3)Kickoff -- 3 p.m. ET at Dana J. Dykhouse Stadium (19,360) in Brookings, South DakotaCoverage -- ESPN3Series -- First meetingPlayers to Watch -- Villanova: QB Zach Bednarczyk (158 of 261, 1,938 yards, 18 TDs, 10 INTs; 114 carries, 510 yards, 2 TDs), DE Tanoh Kpassagnon (45 TT, 21.5 TFL, 11 sacks), S Rob Rolle (61 TT, 7 INTs, 5 PBU); South Dakota State: QB Taryn Christion (246 of 384, 3,369 yards, 29 TDs, 8 INTs), WR Jake Wieneke (70 receptions, 1,204 yards, 16 TDs), TE Dallas Goedert (78 receptions, 1,146 yards, 10 TDs)The Skinny -- Villanova again seeks to extend coach Andy Talleys 32nd and final season with the Wildcats, who tied for second place in CAA Football. Last weeks 31-21 win over Saint Francis in the first round defined the Wildcats style -- a good mix of the run and pass to control game clock and an aggressive defense that kept sending the opposing offense to the sideline. Kpassagnon, fellow DE Bryan Osei and LB Jeff Steeb combined for six sacks in the win. Villanova has held seven of its 12 opponents under 300 yards. The offense has three players over 500 rushing yards (Aaron Forbes, Javon White and Bednarczyk) yett Matt Gudzak (447 yards) may be their go-to back at this point.dddddddddddd The lefty Bednarczyk has a strong arm, even better than 2014 Walter Payton Award winner John Robertson, according to Talley. South Dakota States trio of Christion (Missouri Valley Football Conference offensive player of the year), Goedert and Wieneke have been unstoppable in the No. 8 passing offense in the FCS (314.4 ypg), although a cold day in Brookings may dictate the Jackrabbits getting production from leading rusher Brady Mengarelli (700 yards, 3 TDs). The defense is strong up the middle and features leading tacklers Christian Rozeboom (107 TT) and Jesse Bobbit (95 TT) at linebacker. The Jackrabbits have their own venerable coach, John Stiegelmeier, in his 20th season. This is their first season playing at Dykhouse Stadium.Up Next -- The winner will play either San Diego (10-1) or No. 1 seed North Dakota State (10-1) in the quarterfinals Dec. 9 or 10.Prediction -- While Villanovas defense is playing at a high level, the Wildcats offense will not keep up enough with the Jackrabbits. South Dakota State, 24-21. ' ' '