Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
instead that of new sponsor Tag Heuer
This page will be updated with new questions and answers up until just after noon ET, so refresh often to see if your question was answered. The most recent answers will appear first.Sometimes, rankings and columns just arent enough to help you decide which player should go in your lineup. If youre still not sure about that final spot before Sundays games kick off, send us a question on Twitter using the hashtag #startsitESPN, and you just might get yours answered below.Each week, ESPN Fantasy analysts KC Joyner and Jim McCormick will provide advice for players just like you stuck with tough choices to make.Week 13 marks the final bye week (Titans and Browns), which may create additional lineup dilemmas, especially in this critical fantasy week. So lets get started on answering your fantasy football questions for this weeks games.#StartSitESPN golden Tate or Crabtree?- Mark Tigchelaar (@marktigchelaar) December 4, 2016There was a time when Tate caught a lot of vertical passes (aerials thrown 11 or more yards downfield), but he has one or fewer of those types of receptions in all but one game this year. Crabtree has 41 vertical targets this year and thus is used a lot more often on these types of throws. Crabtree is listed as questionable, but he was listed that way last week as well and still caught eight passes, so he would be the pick in this one. -- KC#StartSitESPN Matt Forte or Lamar Miller ?- Eli Floyd (@elifloyd03) December 4, 2016The Colts rush defense has allowed 100 or more rushing yards to opponents running backs in seven out of 11 games this year, including last week, when they gave up 148 to the Steelers. That upside potential is much greater than Millers upside against a Green Bay rush defense that has shut down a number of rushing attacks this year, so go with Forte. -- KCMatthew Stafford or Colin Kaepernick? @ESPNFantasy #StartSitESPN- Russ Smith (@RedBirdRuss) December 4, 2016The Saints passing defense has a terrible reputation, yet this platoon has allowed 258 or fewer passing yards in five of its last six games. Kaepernick is facing a Bears defense that has given up two or more passing touchdowns in four of its last five games, and he offers a huge rushing upside potential that Stafford cannot match. That makes Kaepernick the selection here. -- KC@ESPNFantasy #StartSitESPN Rawls or Ajayi Standard- Robert chavez (@RaiderRob209) December 4, 2016Baltimore has shut down many running backs this season, the most impressive of which was holding LeVeon Bell to 32 yards in Week 9, which is the fourth-lowest single game total of Bells career. Rawls has what looks to be a tough matchup against Carolina, but an ESPN Insider piece I wrote this past week notes that the Panthers are not likely to be able to get a pass rush on Russell Wilson. That should open the ground game up for Rawls much more than Ajayi, so Rawls is the go-to option in this one. -- KC@ESPNFantasy #StartSitESPN D. Moncrief or S. Watkins?- Alex Dierling (@AlexDierling) December 4, 2016Moncrief has a 95 rating in my matchup points system that grades matchups on a 0-100 scale, with 100 being the most favorable. Watkins grades out with a 50-point mark in that category, so Moncrief has a significant edge in that area. Watkins does have home run potential that Moncrief may not offer, so he would be the pick if playing for upside, but the percentage play is Moncrief. -- KCRyan or Brady? #StartSitESPN- Andrew Nikola (@AndrewNikola) December 4, 2016Thats not a bad quandary to have. Ryan has been exceptional this year, but he has posted 17 or fewer points in three out of his past five games. Brady has racked up 17 or fewer points in only two of his starts this year. That means Brady should be sat only if there is a reason to think his production level will drop off, which doesnt look to be the case in a home contest against a Rams defense that gave up 310 passing yards and four passing touchdowns to the Saints last week. That means Brady should be the pick in this one. -- KCDonte Moncrief or Tevin Coleman? #StartSitESPN- Mark Gonzales (@Badboyz79124) December 4, 2016An ESPN Insider article I penned this week noted that there are multiple reasons to think that Coleman is still going to be the alternate back in the Falcons offense rather than reclaiming a strong platoon workload. As noted earlier, Moncrief has a 95 score in my matchup points system that grades matchups on a 0-100 scale, with 100 being the most favorable. Add those two factors together and they equal putting Moncrief into this lineup. -- KC#StartSitESPN Jimmy graham or Travis kelce? #FFNow- Nick Gonion (@Nick_Gonion) December 4, 2016This is another incidence of having an embarrassment of riches. Kelce has posted 15 receptions for 209 yards over the past two weeks, a pace he should be able to replicate against a weak Atlanta secondary. That places Kelce first on my tight end ranking chart this week, but Graham faces a Tampa Bay defense that, as noted earlier, will be hard-pressed to get any type of pass rush on Russell Wilson. This factor and Seattles motivation to get their passing game back in gear give Graham a higher upside score than Kelce. That means play Kelce if looking for a percentage pick, but play Graham if looking for upside -- though in reality, either pick should bring a double-digit score this week. -- KC#StartSitESPN ebron or eifert- Josh Haldorson (@silverwalk2) December 4, 2016Tyler Eifert is facing a Philadelphia defense that ranks second in tight end points allowed per game this year (3.9) and has shut out opponents tight ends in two of its last three games. Ebron faces a Saints defense that just allowed the Rams mediocre tight ends to rack up four receptions for 51 yards and a touchdown. Eifert is still a slightly better percentage pick, given his role in the Bengals offense, but Ebron has a lot more upside potential, given the matchup upside, so Ebron would be the suggestion in this one. -- KCStandard league. Pick 2. Latavious Murray, Mark Ingram or Michael Thomas #StartSitESPN- Nicholas Peters (@nickelass88) December 4, 2016This comes down to workload potential. Ingram is battling a toe injury, but hes still apt to serve in a platoon role this week. Murray will be the Raiders lead back and likely wont see a workload decline. Thomas is in the most volatile shape out of this trio, as New Orleans is apt to send a lot more targets to Brandin Cooks after directing zero passes to him last week. This makes Thomas the riskiest selection of the group, so as long as you have a viable fill-in for him at wide receiver, he is the sit option out of this group this week. -- KCKirk Cousins or Andrew Luck? #startsitESPN- Kyle King (@Kingkyle09) December 4, 2016Cousins may have the most difficult matchup among quarterbacks this week, as he has an 18 rating in my matchup points system that grades matchups on a 0-100 scale (with 100 being the most favorable). By contrast, Luck has an 85 score in that matchup grading system and, therefore, has one of the most favorable matchups of the week. That type of disparity makes Luck the pick in this one. -- KCRobert Kelley or Jeremy Hill as RB3 #StartSitESPN- Maurice Dullea (@DulleaMaurice) December 4, 2016Hill has a higher yardage floor after setting career bests in routes, targets and catches this past week in Giovani Bernards absence. -- J.M.Do I start Dion Lewis or Kenneth Dixon? #startsitESPN- Alex Caruso (@alex__caruso__) December 4, 2016Dixon led the team in touches (17) and has a higher ceiling for touches again this week, especially as the Dolphins have ceded the seventh-most rushing yards per game to opposing backs. -- J.M.Rawls or Ajayi? #StartSitESPN- Steve (@sacarson2) December 4, 2016Its not a fun setup with the Ravens stingy defense in place, but Ajayi is averaging more than 23 touches per game and has a bit of upside in the passing game that Rawls doesnt claim, so hes my guy of this tandem. -- J.M.Who should I #StartSitESPN- must win for playoff spot! Kap or Matt Ryan?- Jeremy (@JMH0417) December 4, 2016I have Colin Kaepernick one spot above Ryan. Its a close call, but the Bears dont have a pass rush -- so Kaep can produce via the air -- while his 60-plus yards per game on the ground establish an awesome floor. -- J.M.James White or Wendel Smallwood. #StartSitESPN- Ryan Parker (@Ryan_M_Parker) December 4, 2016With Dion Lewis capturing part of Whites receiving market, Smallwood has a higher floor in standard scoring and a higher ceiling, given the volume on early downs we can expect. -- J.M.#StartSitESPN crabtree or boldin- Chad Jeffries (@cjeffries1) December 4, 2016With Crabtree looking good to go, Ill take his 24.3 percent share of the Oakland passing offense at home here. -- J.M.#StartSitESPN Pick 2: Snead, Hopkins, Gabriel @ESPNFantasy- Mandie Baio (@mandie_joy_2) December 4, 2016Sitting Gabriel, as hes a big-play guy, but also dependent on such production to meet value. These other guys claim at least some volume in their respective offenses. -- J.M.#StartSitESPN r. Jennings or Ingram?- Matt Huhn (@mattjhuhn) December 4, 2016With Ingram looking ready to play, Id assume the risks in his profile for the far greater rewards, as weve seen him go off multiple times for huge games, something simply absent from Jennings production pattern. -- J.M.@ESPNFantasy #StartSitESPN I lost Gronk so do I start Vernon Davis or Jared Cook at TE- Conor Torres (@Conor_Torres) December 4, 2016I prefer Davis. The Cards have been solid to tight ends, but Mathieu is out and Davis has at least 50 yards in all but one game since Week 6 as a steady part of the Washington passing game. Cook is a truly hit-or-miss asset that isnt integral to that offense. -- J.M.#StartSitESPN start A. Boldin or M. Wilson as 3rd wr.- Kevin Schaedler (@906billsfan) December 4, 2016With Marvin Jones ailing, lets go with Boldin and his uptick in target share in that shootout in New Orleans. -- J.M.#StartSitESPN Flex help pick one Booker, Moncrief, or Rawls thank you.- Garrett Burk (@GBURKKILLA) December 4, 2016Riding with Booker here, as his touch rate of 25-plus over the past two games supports a high fantasy floor. -- J.M.Quincy Enunwa, Tyler Boyd, or Kenneth Dixon for flex? #StartSitESPN- Chris Higgins (@_chiggins) December 4, 2016Enunwa has been solid with a 20 percent share of that passing game, but I think this is the week to roll Dixon out there for a breakout box score. -- J.M.@ESPNFantasy #StartSitESPN t.gabriel, t.boyd, m.wilson, enuwa,m.mitchell start 2?- Carlos Ortiz (@gonnalivlife) December 4, 2016Lets get Enunwa and Boyd in there, as both stand to consume six-plus targets in their respective offenses and face nice matchups. -- J.M.#StartSitESPN ppr Tate-Hopkins-Sanders-BPowell.Need3- KungFuPanda (@KeithRickles) December 4, 2016Sitting Powell, as he hasnt done much damage, save for one or two huge plays this season and the meaningful goal-line touches go to Forte. -- J.M.#StartSitESPN Spencer Ware or L. Bount at flex?- Mark Short (@Markshort317) December 4, 2016I prefer Ware, as the Falcons have ceded 68 percent more receiving yardage than league average to backs, which aligns with his skill set. Blount remains a nice angle for a touchdown, but last week might be a template for how the offense will rely on their backfield in the passing game. -- J.M.@ESPNFantasy #StartSitESPN Big Ben at home vs Giants or Kaepernick at Chicago?- Rene medina (@Uppercasebee73) December 4, 2016Going with Ben at home, as hes averaged (as weve mentioned) 336 and 3.75 scores at home this season. -- J.M.Flex spot nonPPR : Rawls or Mike Wallace? Thx! #StartSitESPN- Sim Shany (@Simpson15) December 4, 2016Wallace has a respectable yardage pattern and is quietly on place for 1,100 yards, but I find a similar yardage floor and much-higher scoring ceiling for Rawls in place. I also dont like that Wallace relies on vertical success and Miami has the second-best pass rush in the league, limiting Flaccos time in the pocket. -- J.M.Brees or Brady? @ESPNFantasy #StartSitESPN- Alissa Lyman (@alissa_lyman) December 4, 2016Its not so crazy to have both, if you consider Brady went late in some drafts with the suspension. That said, Ill call you crazy if you sit Drew Brees at home today! -- J.M.@ESPNFantasy Gates, Ertz, or Brate in Standard? #StartSitESPN- footballislife17 (@msturgis15) December 4, 2016Gates is due to bounce back from that no-show, as he still ran 77 percent of his snaps from the slot and is a viable red zone weapon for Rivers. -- J.M.#StartSitESPN what to do??? Russell Wilson or Carr? HELP!!!!! I need a win!- Shank OPotamus (@mdshanksalot) December 4, 2016Even though the overall season pattern doesnt support this, I want Wilson at home in this soft setup against that young Carolina secondary. -- J.M.@ESPNFantasy Moncrief or T. Williams #StartSitESPN- Abdiel Beitia (@imabdielito) December 4, 2016With Williams dealing with the labrum injury, Id look to the healthy alternative in Moncrief, who has a nice matchup and awesome touchdown pattern. -- J.M.@ESPNFantasy #StartSitESPN Latavius Murray or Jay Ajayi?- Ross Herzog (@RHerzy14) December 4, 2016Im going contrarian here and siding with Murray, as the healthy scratch to DeAndre Washington and the uptick in snaps and touches last week for Murray was emboldening for his prospects this week. -- J.M.Bengals, Raiders, or Jags D?@ESPNFantasy #StartSitESPN- JP Ponton (@jaypeezy85) December 4, 2016Starting off with a defensive question; it is the ultimate streaming position, after all. Dont love this trio of options, but the Bengals are facing a depleted Philly offense that is 25th in the league in points per drive and has the fourth-highest turnover-per-drive rate since Week 5 -- when right tackle Lane Johnson left the roster due to suspension. These are inviting and differentiating metrics against a Philly offense without their top receiver, Jordan Matthews, who is not expected to play, according to Adam Schefter. -- J.M.Who should I start Demaryius Thomas or Brandin Cooks#FFNow #StartSitESPN #FantasyFootball- Pj (@SuperJParty) December 4, 2016Lets avoid recency bias and go with the best setup, which is Cooks at home in that awesome potential shootout in the Superdome. Cooks has averaged a team-best 21 yards per reception and has scored five of his six touchdowns this season at home. Last week was also a function of the Rams double-teaming him throughout, so we can expect a revival in usage and production for Cooks. -- J.M.Start Emmanuel Sanders or Deandre Hopkins? #StartSitESPN- Jayme Butts (@JaymeButts) December 4, 2016Siding with Hopkins, largely based on the inviting matchup metrics -- the Packers are 31st in pass coverage on Pro Football. Sanders and Thomas for Denver are both still viable WR3/flex assets, its just that shifting to the rookie quarterback on the road is a factor. -- J.M.@ESPNFantasy Smallwood or Boyd. Standard/flex#StartSitESPN- JP Ponton (@jaypeezy85) December 4, 2016Game script limited Smallwood to just 10 touches last week, but with Ryan Mathews out yet another week, we can deploy him again here with an angle for double-digit touches in a game that appears more likely to be ground out on the ground, given the sluggish point total and low spread. Which is to say, the ingredients for the game seem friendly for Smallwood getting the rock a good bit. I dig Boyd, but his value isnt realized in standard leagues. -- J.M.#StartSitESPN J.Crowder or D.Adams- AbdulRaqibAl-Amreeki (@quiFree) December 4, 2016With the Packers passing the ball upward of 40 times per game regularly, and with Adams claiming a strong share of the target market for Green Bay, hes a fine option at home against a Houston team lacking a pass rush (leaving him time to get deep/open). -- J.M.#StartSitESPN need to start 1 person in flex, Randall Cobb, Thomas Rawls, Robert Kelley, Todd Gurley. PPR league. @ESPNFantasy- Nick OConnor (@the_N0C) December 4, 2016Riding with Rawls and the Seahawks sizable upgrade at home against a Carolina defense sans their best playmaker in the front seven. -- J.M.@ESPNFantasy #StartSitESPN Michel Thomas or Willie Snead?- JP (@JPSonOfJohn) December 4, 2016Thomas has been so productive as Brees outside contested-catch and vertical weapon, thus he gets the nod here. -- J.M.Have to start two of three, Davante Adams, watkins, or Tyreek Hill #StartSitESPN- Andrew Coleman (@AColemanPhoto) December 4, 2016Watkins is the odd man out here, if only because I have Adams and Hill in the top 50 among flex assets and Watkins is just outside, since his snap and opportunity rate is more compromised than these peers. I dig Watkins as an upside play today but find Hill is also in that tier, given Maclins absence and the nice matchup. -- J.M.@ESPNFantasy #StartSitESPN Washington or NY Giants D/ST?- Shelly Martin (@ShellyMartin8) December 4, 2016I dont want to face that elite Steelers offense on the road -- Big Ben is averaging 3.75 touchdowns at home -- thus its Washington if thats your only alternative. -- J.M.River or Stafford...help #StartSitESPN- Kyle Hammett (@kvhammett) December 4, 2016Were here for you, man. Lets ride with Matt Stafford, as shares of the game in the Superdome are enviable, with nearly eight touchdowns projected based on the Vegas ingredients. -- J.M.@ESPNFantasy Big Ben or Kapernick today? #StartSitESPN- Scott Drennan (@scottdrennan) December 4, 2016A viable concern, but riding with Ben Roethlisberger, given the Brees-like home rates (336 yards and nearly four scores per game at home). -- J.M.CJ Fiedorowitz or S. Shepard in the flex? 1PPR #StartSitESPN- Seldom Seen (@seldomseen79) December 4, 2016I have Fiedorowicz just slightly above Shepard, which is essentially a floor-over-ceiling-type play given the tight end has a steady market share of the Texans passing targets, but Shepard has the higher big-play ceiling. -- J.M.Gabriel or Robinson #StartSitESPN @ESPNFantasy- Atom (@add_emup32) December 4, 2016Lets ride with Denard Shoelace Robinson, as the Broncos have ceded the fourth-most rushing yards per game to backs and he could be quite busy with Ivory out and Yeldon ailing. -- J.M.T. Hightower, J. Starks, or T. Rawls for Rb2 slot. #StartSitESPN- amanjeet sandhu (@asandhu_89) December 4, 2016Rawls for me -- nice matchup and positive game script as home favorites could feed him a nice workload. -- J.M.Watkins or Boyd 1pt PPR #StartSitESPN- Casey (@bean6095) December 4, 2016Lets go big with Watkins upside, especially with the Bills receiving corps decimated heading into Oakland. There is some risk, but the rewards are substantial. -- J.M.#StartSitESPN Tyreek Hill vs. Falcons OR Doug Baldwin vs. Panthers- Blake Dixon (@FrostedBlakesTV) December 4, 2016I swear your Embiid photo didnt sway me. Lets go with Baldwin, as his 20 percent share of the Seattle passing game is steady and he offers big-play, multi-score upside, just as Hill does, although in a more bankable pattern. -- J.M.#StartSitESPN Start Carr or Luck this week??- RealBillOakley (@RealBillOakley) December 4, 2016Riding with Luck here, as the Bills have the third-best pass rush in the league and could at least cause some traffic in the pocket for Carr. The Jets have one of the quietest pass rushes in the league, affording Luck time to operate against their soft secondary. -- J.M.Starks or yeldon? For the flex. #StartSitESPN #week13- bdub (@b_walsh0511) December 4, 2016Starks gets the nod, especially with the Texans rush defense ranked in the bottom 10 in yardage to tailbacks. Yeldon is banged up, and the staff is talking about how hell likely be limited today. -- J.M.@ESPNFantasy Thomas Rawls or Devontae Booker? #StartSitESPN- CesarinPR (@cesarPR) December 4, 2016I prefer Bookers heavy workload (26 touches per over last two) and his increased yardage floor with receiving work. -- J.M.@ESPNFantasy Watkins or Jackson #StartSitESPN- F-Breezy ?? (@_FabrizzioM_) December 4, 2016Prefer Watkins here, thanks to the lack of competition for meaningful targets. Both are similar in that we need big plays to return value, which favors Watkins, given his increased target share. -- J.M. Cheap Air Jordan 1 China . -- Whether Jeremy Hill deserves a prominent role in LSUs offence this early in the season is a matter for debate. Nike Cortez Sale . -- Lou Brocks shoulder-to-shoulder collision with Bill Freehan during the 1968 World Series and Pete Roses bruising hit on Ray Fosse in the 1970 All-Star game could become relics of baseball history, like the dead-ball era. http://www.nikeshoesoutletwholesale.com/...-sale.html . The home side created most of the chances but struggled to break down Braunschweigs resilient defence, resulting in the Bundesligas 1,000th scoreless draw. Vapormax Flyknit 3 Outlet . On Saturday night, the normally free throw-challenged centre did just that. Howard scored 18 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter, including 13 of 19 free throws in a 2 1/2-minute stretch, and the Houston Rockets beat the Denver Nuggets 122-111. Cheap Nike Shoes Wholesale . What general manager Dave Nonis called "short and productive" negotiations ended with Kessel signing a US$64-million, eight-year contract on Tuesday.Christian Horner says Red Bulls relationship with Renault is much improved and the French manufacturers return to team ownership has given them their desire and impetus back. A split between Red Bull and Renault had appeared inevitable during most of last season amid a series of fractious public fallouts, before a late U-turn resulted in the two parties realigning their relationship and continuing for 2016.Renault also ramped up their F1 involvement by buying back the Lotus team and Horner believes that commitment has helped accelerate their previously stuttering engine programme. The relationship is much improved over the winter, the Red Bull team boss told Sky Sports F1.I think genuine progress is really being made and the difference now is Renault have got their own team and theyve got that desire and impetus back.Despite Renault still spending the fewest development tokens of F1s four manufacturers over the winter, apparent improvements to their power unit have helped Red Bull make a more encouraging start to the new season, with back-to-back fourth-placed finishes.Standings: Constructors ChampionshipA big engine upgrade is expected for the Canadian GP in June and Horner added: We are seeing progress. The work they are doing with Mario Illien seems to be going well and theres a really different feel around the progress thats being made. The battle scars of recent seasons are still evident by the fact the Renault engine in Red Bulls car does not carry the French manufacturers name, instead that of new sponsor Tag Heuer,Speaking to the official F1 website, Horner confirmed: They are both the same [spec of engine]. They are identical. Whatever Renault benefit from also goes for the TAG Heuer-badged engine.Get Skky F1: Every race liveRed Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz threatened on several occasions last year to pull his two teams out of F1 as they courted alternative engine suppliers, before giving the green light to the revised Renault deal for the senior squad.ddddddddddddAnd although the former world champions last won a race in August 2014, Horner added: Dietrichs will is very consistent since day one: he wants to compete - and compete for victories. He understands the situation that we have - that we have a great team and that we are fighting back. That process has started this year. Red Bull Racing driver Daniel Ricciardo damaged his front wing during the ‘chaos’ at the start of the Bahrain GP and is delighted with his 5th place Also See: The F1 Gossip Column VOTE: Rank the 2016 F1 cars ' ' '