Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a full count before striking him
PHILADELPHIA - Jimmy Rollins, Wil Nieves and the Phillies picked up Sunday right where they left off the night before. Vapormax Pas Cher Soldes . Rollins and Nieves opened the first inning with back-to-back homers and Philadelphia went deep four times in all to back Cliff Lee in an 8-3 victory over the Cincinnati Reds. Cody Asche and Marlon Byrd also homered for the Phillies, who broke out of their offensive doldrums with a 12-1 rout Saturday night. Lee (4-4) pitched effectively into the seventh inning for his first home victory of the season. Devin Mesoraco had a career-high four hits for Cincinnati, including two doubles and an RBI. The Reds again played without slugger Joey Votto, who remained in Cincinnati during the three-game series with a left knee injury. Philadelphias offence busted loose for a second straight day. Despite playing in hitter-friendly Citizens Bank Park, the Phillies entered Sunday second-to-last in the NL in home runs with 27. But they were riding the confidence of homering twice while scoring a dozen runs in Saturdays victory, which snapped streaks of four straight losses and 23 consecutive scoreless innings. "Todays game was a momentum game and a build off (of Saturday)," Philadelphia manager Ryne Sandberg said. "It was a carry-over game on the offensive side." Cincinnati starter Tony Cingrani (2-3) returned from the disabled list and gave up three home runs in six innings. After the Reds went up 2-0 in the first on Brandon Phillips RBI groundout and Mesoracos run-scoring double, Rollins hit his 46th career leadoff homer. Nieves followed with a shot to left that tied the game. It was the fifth time the Phillies began a game with consecutive homers, the last coming on Sept. 9, 2004, at Atlanta when Rollins and Placido Polanco accomplished the feat. Chase Utleys fifth-inning groundout scored Lee and put Philadelphia ahead for good. Byrd opened the sixth with a homer to right to push the lead to 4-2. That was enough offence for Lee, who had received very little support at home this season. He entered 0-3 in four home starts despite a 1.55 ERA. Lee gave up two runs and nine hits in 6 2-3 innings with three strikeouts and a walk. He was happy to get some runs for a change. "Its definitely easier to pitch with a lead," Lee said. "Its easier to attack the strike zone, and you can use a little more of the plate and not worry so much if you give up a solo home run or whatever. Its not going to hurt you as bad. If its a close game or a low-scoring game, every pitch is important. Not that its not with a lead, but theres definitely more room for error and you can get away with more mistakes." Without Votto, who remained in Cincinnati for treatment during the series for a distal quadriceps strain in his left knee, and slugger Jay Bruce (knee), who went on the disabled list May 6, the Reds were without two key pieces that might have helped in a comeback bid. "The elephant in the room is the fact we have Votto and Bruce unavailable," Reds manager Bryan Price said. "Those are pretty essential pieces. That being said, we do have players getting an opportunity to play and do some things. I was very, very optimistic going into todays game that we were going to do some really good things offensively. We got some things started but we werent able to finish." Price said there is no timetable for Vottos return and wasnt sure whether the four-time All-Star and 2010 NL MVP would make the trip to Washington, where Cincinnati begins a three-game series Monday night. The Phillies took two of three from the Reds and improved to 7-0-1 in home series against Cincinnati since 2006. Byrd upped his team-leading RBI total to 24 with a run-scoring single in the seventh. Asche followed him and broke the game open with a three-run homer to right off Manny Parra that gave Philadelphia an 8-2 lead. "I think good at-bats are contagious, up and down the lineup. You saw that the last two days," Asche said. Cingrani allowed four runs and seven hits while striking out seven and walking three. Cingrani, who hadnt pitched since April 30 because of left shoulder tendinitis, had given up three homers all season in 32 1-3 innings before Sunday. "I felt pretty good today," Cingrani said. "Everything was coming out well. I was spotting it pretty much all day." NOTES: The Phillies improved to 11-3 in Saturday and Sunday games. They are 8-19 during the week. ... To make room for Cingrani, the Reds optioned catcher Tucker Barnhart to Triple-A Louisville. ... Reds RHP Mike Leake (2-3, 3.09 ERA) opposes Nationals RHP Stephen Strasburg (3-3, 3.48) on Monday. ... After a day off Monday, the Phillies travel to Miami for three games against the Marlins, with Philadelphia RHP A.J. Burnett (2-3, 3.13) facing Marlins RHP Anthony DeSclafani (1-0, 3.00) on Tuesday. ... Phillies CF Ben Revere was available to pinch-hit. Revere missed games Friday and Saturday due to a stomach virus. Vapormax Plus Homme Pas Cher .The law passed on Friday, in a 128-62 vote in the lower chamber of parliament, was prompted by FIFA bribery scandals in recent years.Switzerland-based sports leaders such as FIFA President Sepp Blatter and IOC President Thomas Bach are now classed as politically exposed persons in wider legislation covering money-laundering. Vapormax 97 Homme Pas Cher . Yet now its time for the most important pick of them all; the Grey Cup. The thought of going 5-0 with the correct choice is quite intoxicating, I dont think I have ever gone perfect in my CFL futuristic playoff speculations and would take great pride in guessing - I mean analyzing - correctly. http://www.vapormaxpaschersoldes.fr/vent...femme.html .C. - Blair Jones scored the eventual winner in the third period as the Abbotsford Heat defeated the Oklahoma City Oil Barons 3-2 in American Hockey League action on Friday.HOUSTON -- Baltimore manager Buck Showalter said after Saturdays game against Houston that Nelson Cruz is in a good place. Great or excellent would be more fitting adjectives to describe how the first-year Orioles star is playing. Cruz hit his major league-leading 20th home run and drove in three runs to back a solid start by Chris Tillman, and the Orioles snapped a four-game skid with a 4-1 win over the Astros. "Nelson is letting the ball travel and letting it get deep," Showalter said. "Hes come in with a reputation of being streaky and I dont think Ive ever seen him locked in for this long a period of time. A lot of guys at his age start figuring out who they are and learning from their mistakes through the years in more ways than one." Cruz was suspended 50 games last year while playing for the Texas Rangers as a result of Major League Baseballs investigation into the Biogenesis drug scandal before signing a one-year deal with the Orioles this off-season. He agreed with Showalters assessment of his recent play. "I see the ball well," he said. "Like I said before, its hard to be consistent for that long. I just take my routine and try to do it on a daily basis so I can stay more consistent." The loss ends a season-best seven-game winning streak for the Astros. Tillman (5-2) allowed one run on four hits over 6 2-3 innings to bounce back after allowing 14 runs combined in his last two starts. Zach Britton pitched a scoreless ninth for his fourth save. The Orioles took the lead when Dallas Keuchel (6-3) walked home two runs in the fifth and Cruz extended the lead to 4-1 with his solo shot to left-centre off Jerome Williams in the eighth. Cruzs 52 RBIs lead the majors and are the most in team history at the end of May, surpassing the 50 RBIs Chris Davis had entering June last year. Cruz, who also doubled on Saturday, has a 12-game hitting streak with six doubles, eight homers and 15 RBIs in that span. He was pleased that the was able to get the offence going on Saturday after scoring just two runs in the previous two games combined. "As a team we know we can score runs. No doubt," he said. "We have top to bottom one of the best lineups in the league. So it waas a matter of time (before) we came back and do what we were supposed to do. Vapormax 2019 Noir Pas Cher. I think today was a great example." Keuchel allowed six hits and three runs with three walks in six innings to end a four-game winning streak. He was done in by his lack of control on Saturday after walking just one batter in his previous four starts combined. Keuchel was coming off two stellar outings where he posted a 1.02 ERA and was named AL player of the week. "I just didnt have a feel," Keuchel said of the fifth inning. "Give them credit for laying off a few pitches. Thats a good team. I was lucky to get out of there with just three runs." Manny Machado singled off Keuchel with one out in the fifth before a two-out single by Caleb Joseph. Nick Markakis walked to load the bases before the Orioles took the lead on a walk by Steve Pearce. A third straight walk -- this one by Cruz -- scored another run to push the lead to 3-1. Keuchel took Adam Jones to a full count before striking him out to end the inning. Markakis hit a leadoff double and scored on a sacrifice fly by Cruz with one out to put Baltimore up early. Jason Castro doubled with no outs in the second inning before Tillman plunked two of the next three batters to load the bases with one out. Robbie Grossman singled on a dribbler down the right field line to tie it at 1-1. NOTES: The series wraps up on Sunday when Baltimores Wei-Yin Chen opposes Scott Feldman. ... Saturday was the 1,000th career game for Jones. ... Baltimore RHP Tommy Hunter, on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to May 21 with a left groin strain, will throw a bullpen session on Sunday. ... Machado, who has hit in the No. 2 spot for most of his career, was moved down to the seventh spot this week after struggling this season. Showalter is confident that Machado, who had two hits Saturday, will get back on track and thinks this move could help. "Were just trying to be patient for him to work his way back into it, but thats a challenge," Showalter said. "He gets frustrated. He hides it pretty well. Hes the same body language, the same everything that he was last year, just not getting the return. And its frustrating for him." ' ' '