Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The union did get the option year
GLENDALE, Ariz. Nyle McFarlane Jersey Retro . -- Arizona Cardinals defensive tackle Darnell Dockett, one of the most durable players in the NFL over the past decade, tore the ACL in his right knee during practice Monday and will undergo season-ending surgery. The team said the extent of the injury was revealed in an MRI. The 6-foot-4, 290-pound Dockett has missed only two games in 10 NFL seasons. He has started 156 of the 158 games in which he appeared. Dockett was hurt in an 11-on-11 drill. He limped away but had to be helped onto a cart. Dockett lay on his back as he was carted off the field. "Thank you all for your support and get well wishes. I really do appreciate it," he said in a tweet Monday night. "This will be a tough road to recovery but I been through worse." Before the extent of the injury was known, defensive tackle Calais Campbell talked about the importance of Dockett to a defence that was ranked sixth in the league last season. "Hes a great player, a guy we count on day in and day out to be a leader and take us where we want to go," Campbell said. Dockett, Campbell and nose tackle Dan Williams formed a formidable defensive front that helped the Cardinals rank first against the run. Two of Docketts teammates on Arizonas 2009 Super Bowl team were quick to tweet their support. "I literally been sick to my stomach for the past couple hours thinking about (Dockett), one of my closest friends," Chicago safety Adrian Wilson said. "Speedy recovery my friend." New York Giants safety Antrel Rolle wrote "everyone plz say a prayer for one of my best friends and wish strength and a speedy recovery plz. No injury will keep him down." Dockett is a three-time Pro Bowl selection and four-time team captain. "I played against him for three of those years when I was in Seattle," Cardinals tight end John Carlson said. "Hes a beast." Dockett has spent his entire career with Arizona. He and Larry Fitzgerald are the longest-tenured players on the squad. Both were drafted by the Cardinals in 2004 -- Fitzgerald in the first round out of Pittsburgh, Dockett in the third round out of Florida State. Dockett played in his first 104 games before a shoulder sidelined him for one contest in 2010. He missed another game in 2012 with a hamstring injury. The knee injury is another blow to the already-depleted middle of Arizonas defence. Inside linebackers Karlos Dansby and Daryl Washington, the heart of the unit a year ago, are gone. Dansby signed a free-agent contract with Cleveland. Washington is suspended for the season for violating the leagues substance abuse policy. Arizona could, at least, get a bit of good news later this week when safety Tyrann Mathieu is taken off the physically unable to perform list. He is coming back from surgery to repair a torn ACL and LCL. "Praying for my brother," Mathieu said in a tweet. The vocal, emotional Dockett had talked about the optimism of the coming season, saying that anything short of the playoffs would be a big disappointment. The Cardinals were 10-6 last year, in Bruce Arians first season as head coach, but failed to make the playoffs. The injury will further test the skills of defensive co-ordinator Todd Bowles. Frostee Rucker moved into Docketts spot with the first unit for the remainder of Mondays practice. Rucker, an eight-year NFL veteran, appeared in all 16 games for Arizona last season, one as a starter. He started all 16 games for Cleveland in 2012. Others who could play the position are third-round draft pick Kareem Martin out of North Carolina and fifth-round draft pick Ed Stinson out of Alabama. The team also might look at the free-agent market and could pick up someone when other teams make late cuts. NOTES: Jay Feely, in danger of losing his kicking job, said he knows he is competing not only for a spot on the Arizona roster but for a place on other teams should he be cut. Rookie K Chandler Catanzaro is challenging Feely. Arians said the two might split duties Sunday night against Cincinnati. ... QB Ryan Lindley was "up and down" in his performance against the Bengals, Arians said. He is competing with rookie Logan Thomas for the No. 3 quarterback job. Thomas was 11 of 12 for 113 yards against Houston in the preseason opener. Authentic Cheap Jerseys . Coverage on TSN is underway now while action resumes on TSN2 at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt. TSN GO also offers TSN subscribers bonus online coverage, with live streams of all four venues. Alfonso Boone Jersey Retro . Viewers in the Jets region can watch the game on TSN Jets at 6:30pm ct/7:30pm et. The game is also avialable on TSN Radio 1290 in Winnipeg at 7pm ct. https://www.cheapjerseyslines.com/jordan...sey-retro/ . LOUIS -- David Ross never expected to be on a World Series podium.TORONTO -- CFL players have started voting on their tentative agreement with the league. The CFL Players Association and CFL agreed in principle on a five-year contract Saturday. The players have until 8 p.m. ET to vote. The CFL board of governors will hold its ratification vote Friday afternoon. A majority of players -- 50 per cent plus one -- on six of the nine CFL teams must support the deal for it to be accepted. If the agreement is rejected, the union will notify the CFL and try resuming talks. A strike is also a possibility given the tentative deal wasnt well received by some players. Many were unhappy that the agreement calls for a $5-million salary cap in the first year after the CFLPA had originally sought a $6.24-million cap. Last year, the CFL salary cap was $4.4 million. The CFL also got the players to agree to its gross revenue formula that would trigger the renegotiation of the cap or entire collective agreement. The players, who initially wanted the CBA to include revenue sharing, wanted the cap or entire agreement renegotiated if league revenues increased by more thhan $18 million -- excluding the Grey Cup -- in the third year of the deal. Stan Olejniczak Jersey Retro. . But the union ultimately agreed to the CFLs figure of $27 million. The union did get the option year on CFL contracts eliminated, excluding rookies. Also, the players practice day, for the most part, remains at 4.5 hours but can be increased to a maximum of six hours while teams will hold just one padded practice a week during the season. Toronto Argonauts players met Wednesday night to discuss the agreement and centre Jeff Keeping, a member of the union executive, said good questions were asked. "Im happy the guys have all the facts," Keeping said. "I feel at the end of the day the guys are more informed than they were prior to that. "The mood is mixed. Guys are entitled to their own opinion and every man is going to make his own choice." Keeping said players will be able to vote electronically until 8 p.m. ET, after which the ballots will be tabulated. He added the results are expected later Thursday evening with the union releasing them sometime Friday. ' ' '