Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brown was held out of the game
SAN ANTONIO -- Tony Parker and Tim Duncan provided the San Antonio Spurs with the physical and emotional lift they needed on the second night of back-to-back games. Stitched Pelicans Jerseys . Parker scored 25 points and Duncan had 16 points and 13 rebounds, and San Antonio never trailed, cruising past the Dallas Mavericks 112-90 Wednesday night. Both teams were on the second night of a back-to-back, with San Antonio winning in overtime at Memphis and the Mavericks topping the Los Angeles Lakers in Dallas. Parker got off to a hot start despite playing 40 minutes Tuesday night, and finished 10 for 15 from the field with seven assists in 29 minutes. "When I woke up this morning, obviously everything hurts and you feel like youre 45 years old and think about Man, I should not play in the summer, " Parker said. "But it worked out. We played great. We had good energy." The Spurs turned to Marco Belinelli with super sub Manu Ginobili unable to play after straining his left hamstring against the Grizzlies. After starting 11 consecutive games, Belinelli had 17 points, going 3 for 5 on 3-pointers as a reserve. Kawhi Leonard added 12 points and Patty Mills scored 11 for San Antonio (28-8), which recaptured the Western Conferences best record ahead of Oklahoma City (27-8). Monta Ellis had 21 points and Vince Carter added 14. No other player scored in double figures as the Mavericks (20-16) lost their seventh straight to the Spurs. Dirk Nowitzki was limited to eight points, shooting 3 for 14 and making his only two free throw attempts while engaged in a physical battle with Boris Diaw. "(Boris) did all the little things out there and did an excellent job on Dirk," Duncan said. "He gave us a chance to get some space in the game and control Dirk without having to double team him and that was a big advantage for us." Duncan also provided a huge lift, going 5 for 8 from the field and picking up 10 defensive rebounds and blocking two shots. He also helped lift his teammates spirits. From encouraging and joking with teammates during timeouts to teasing the Spurs commentators, Duncan was in high spirits and it reflected in the teams energy. The Spurs outrebounded the Mavericks 55-32. "The rebounding killed us all night long," Dallas coach Rick Carlisle said. "We were down 36-18 at halftime and thats just not good enough." Duncan grabbed five rebounds and Leonard had four in the first 7 minutes of the game, as San Antonio took advantage of Dallas undersized lineup. Duncan, Leonard and Boris Diaw had 11 points and 12 rebounds to open the game. The lack of rebounding was made worse by the Mavericks woeful shooting. They were 6 for 24 in the first 10 minutes while falling behind 23-12. With Shawn Marion missing the game due to a bruised right shoulder he hurt against the Lakers, Parker had a series of jumpers over Wayne Ellington to open the second half. He scored eight of the Spurs 10 points as they took a 55-42 lead 3 minutes into the third quarter. "He made a bunch of shots," Carlisle said. "He really diced up whoever was guarding him. Our team didnt do a good job. The third quarter was a demolition." Belinelli had five consecutive points, including his first 3-pointer, in putting San Antonio up 76-59 with 1:20 left in the third quarter. He missed a free throw following the 3 after being fouled by Carter. He scored seven consecutive points to give San Antonio a 93-68 lead with 8 minutes remaining. "I was happy to sit in the fourth quarter tonight," Parker said. "Especially after last night, playing 40 minutes; it was a long time. So I was happy this time." NOTES: Ginobili was a late scratch, missing his second game of the season, but first due to injury. ... Spurs television analyst Sean Elliott fell off his stool after Duncan playfully gave him a two-handed slap in the back during pregame warm-ups. Elliott, preparing for the teams local pre-game show, groaned loudly and laughed as Duncan sprinted off smiling as he tossed in a layup. Duncan returned to torment his former teammate during a timeout, crumpling and tossing Elliotts notes and water bottle at him. ... Former San Antonio centre DeJuan Blair received mostly boos when he was introduced in Dallas starting lineup, but there was a smattering of applause. New Orleans Pelicans Shirts . has left the San Jose Sharks to become the Boston Bruins director of player personnel. Alexis Ajinca Jersey . "Last year didnt go the way we wanted it to, but we need to look at what went well and what didnt go so well. Hopefully this year we will be better," Brendan Gallagher said after practice. This year, the Canadiens have a little more depth to work with by adding players like Daniel Briere, Dale Weise, Mike Weaver, Douglas Murray and arguably, the biggest addition to this playoff roster, Thomas Vanek, who the Canadiens were able to land at the trade deadline. https://www.cheappelicans.com/255u-david...icans.html . Yet coming off consecutive series losses at St. Louis and Pittsburgh, Los Angeles needed some sort of spark as August approaches. The Dodgers found it in the ballpark of their biggest rival, and left the Bay Area in first place following an emphatic three-game swing.CLEARWATER, Fla. -- Drew Hutchison gave up one hit in 5 1-3 scoreless innings and led the Toronto Blue Jays past the Philadelphia Phillies 3-0 on Thursday. Hutchison is scheduled to start Torontos second regular season game against the Tampa Bay Rays on Tuesday. He allowed a single to Jimmy Rollins in the fourth, walked three and struck out three. The right-hander beat out several candidates, including Todd Redmond, Esmil Rogers and Ricky Romero, for a spot in the rotation. He was 5-3 with a 4.60 ERA in 11 starts as a rookie last season. "I battled today," Hutchison said. "I wasnt really crisp. I got behind way too much, actually. But on days like that, I can come back and make good pitches, its a good sign." Dioner Navarro hit a sacrifice fly off Phillies starter A.J. Burnett in the fourth. Gabe Jacobo added a two-run single in the eighth. Burnett gave up three hits with one walk and six strikeouts in five innings. The right-hander signed a two-year, $22.5 million deal with Philadelphia in February after spending the last two seasons with Pittsburgh. HAMELS PITCHES Phillies starter Cole Hamels (left shoulder inflammation) pitched two innings in a minor league game, his first outing of the spring. The left-hander said he felt well after recording nine outs and throwing 20 of 30 pitches for strikes against Pittsburghs Triple-A players. "Im really pleased and really confident, and what Im able to do now is to truly get spring training in," Hamels said. "Obviously its a little late, but I feel healthy and I think thats really the key." Hamels plans to join the Phillies in Arlington for their season opener against the Rangers on Monday before returning to the teams training complex in Clearwater to continue his rehab. STARTING TIME Blue Jays:: Hutchison said despite close competition, he never doubted his chances to make the rotation and is prepared to show he belongs. P. J. Brown Jersey. "For me, I expected to make the team," Hutchison said. "This is not anything (surprising). I expected to make the team and now Im ready to go perform." TRAINERS ROOM Phillies: Outfielder Domonic Brown was held out of the game because of lingering flu-like symptoms. Manager Ryne Sandberg expects the 2013 All-Star to play on Friday against Pittsburgh. Blue Jays: Shortstop Jose Reyes missed his fifth straight game with left hamstring tightness. He is expected to play on Friday against the New York Mets in Montreal. First baseman Edwin Encarnacion said he feels better, but was given the day off after being hit by a pitch on his right forearm Wednesday against the Yankees. ABREU RELEASED The Phillies released outfielder Bobby Abreu on Thursday to allow the 40-year-old to explore an opportunity with another team. Philadelphias decision to part ways with Abreu came one day after the 17-year veteran was informed by the organization that he would not make the 25-man opening day roster. In 17 games this spring, Abreu batted .244 with two RBIs and 10 walks, but struggled defensively. "We just felt like at this stage of the game, he wouldnt be a fit for us," general manager Ruben Amaro said. "It was a tough decision. Not just because of how it affects our roster, but also as a person. Bobby is a great guy. He really made an effort to make this team. It obviously was a goal of his. We decided he wasnt prepared to do that to help us at this time." Abreu signed a minor league deal in January with the hope of returning to the majors for the first time since 2012 when he appeared in 100 games with the Angels and Dodgers. ' ' '