Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
this time he could not match Hirscher
TORONTO - The Toronto Blue Jays are taking it slowly with ailing closer Casey Janssen. Air Max 270 React Rose . The 32-year-old right-hander has been dealing with a strain in his lower back and abdominal muscle. He was officially placed on the disabled list March 30 but has been essentially hampered by the injury since spring training. Manager John Gibbon said Janssen is going to throw a bullpen session "very soon." "Hes feeling better but something is still nagging him a little bit," Gibbons said before Friday nights game against the Boston Red Sox. Janssen will likely throw at least two bullpen sessions before another rehab assignment in the minors. "I dont see him back here in the next couple of weeks, to be honest with you," said Gibbons. The manager said while there has been no physical setback, Janssen is still not feeling 100 per cent. "Theres still something there thats holding him back a little bit," Gibbons said. "Psychologically he doesnt feel quite ready to cut loose because something is just nagging at him there, in his oblique." Janssen has seen action in just three games this season, working three innings with a 3.00 earned-run average. The hard-throwing reliever has already had one rehab assignment in the minors cut short after being told to take more time off. Sergio Santos has been operating as the Jays closer in Janssens absence, converting five-of-six save opportunities heading into play Friday. NOTES — First baseman Adam Lind is making progress with his lower-back tightness. Gibbons said Lind, who is on the disabled list, had started swinging the bat ... Gibbons also said the club is having Chad Jenkins operate as a reliever at triple-A Buffalo because thats where it believes he can best serve the major league club ... Reliever Aaron Loup has been dealing with a bug that has laid him low. Air Max 270 React 2020 Pas Cher . -- Jerome Williams glanced at Philadelphias schedule and realized he would be facing the Oakland Athletics yet again, with another new team. Air Max 270 React Reverse Logo Pas Cher . -- The Orlando Magic finally are showing the patience in critical moments that coach Jacque Vaughn has been waiting for all season. http://www.airmax270reactpascher.fr/faus...owfin.html . Blatter also told reporters Saturday after meeting with Qatars emir that the decision to award the tournament to the desert nation is "not reversible." There have been calls to move the tournament because of Qatars intense heat.ARE, Sweden - The harder the slope, the faster Marcel Hirscher goes.While his main rival Ted Ligety and others struggled in freezing conditions, Hirscher set the fastest times in both runs to win a giant slalom race under floodlights on Friday. In the process, he became only the fifth Austrian skier to reach 25 World Cup wins.He posted a combined time of 2 minutes, 30.18 seconds, with Ligety 1.22 seconds behind in second place.If it is soft (snow) Im not skiing really brilliant. I like it here, it is cold, minus 10 degrees (Celsius), Hirscher said. I always have that feeling in Scandinavia it is winter here, and not like we have very often (elsewhere) — down the slope on the left and the right, cows eating grass.Revelling on the rock-hard slope, Hirschers second run of 1:12.32 was more than five seconds quicker than his first.The slope was in a perfect shape with bib No. 30. Because normally there are so big ruts in the slope already, that there is no chance to get the best time in the second run, he said. Its an unbelievable feeling to dance on skis like I did today.Ligety recorded only the fifth quickest time in the second run but the American still managed to climb a spot after having third following the first leg.I think I lost over a second and a half on the top split over the two runs, Ligety said. Definitely need to clean up parts of my skiing but overall I think I skied pretty well.German skier Stefan Luitz leapfrogged countryman Fritz Dopfer to take third place.Torontos Phil Brown was the top Canadian in 20th.Earlier, overall World Cup leader Tina Maze of Slovenia won the womens giant slalom.Contenders generally struggled on the Olympia course on their second runs: Luitz had the eightth best time while Dopfer only the 14th. Air Max 270 React Winter Pas Cher. Not so Hircher, who has podium finishes in all four races he has competed in so far this season, coming second in a slalom race in Levi, Finland, last month and taking third place last weekend at Beaver Creek, Colorado.Were skiing in the World Cup and not childrens races, he said. It would be really great if we always have conditions like we had today.In Beaver Creek, Ligety won despite being fourth after his first run, but this time he could not match Hirscher.Marcel skied unbelievable, Ligety said. Its only so much fun when you see the green light (winning margin) increasing and increasing but at the same time I could appreciate the performance.The race was moved from Val dIsere to Sweden because of a lack of snow in the French Alps, while the womens race was switched from Courchevel.Ligety must wait a little longer before moving up on the all-time list of giant slalom winners. He is level in second place on 23 wins with Switzerlands Michael von Gruenigen. Swedish great Ingemar Stenmark leads with 46.The 30-year-old Ligety had a rough start to the season, finishing 10th in Soelden and 18th in slalom at Levi, Finland, on Nov. 16. The following week, he had four metal screws inserted into his left wrist after a training accident.In giant slalom and speed it doesnt really affect me, Ligety said.Frenchman Thomas Fanara was fifth ahead of countryman Alexis Pinturault.Overall World Cup leader Kjetil Jansrud, who has won three races so far, was one of several racers who failed to finish their first runs.Hirscher closed the gap on Jansrud in the overall standings. The Norwegian has 412 points while Hirscher has 340 and Ligety 246. ' ' '