Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So well take that and move on
PARADISE VALLEY, Ariz. Daniel Descalso Jersey . -- Hal Steinbrenner says Alex Rodriguez is "a great player" and "obviously an asset," but the New York Yankees managing general partner wouldnt discuss the third basemans possible return to the team following a season-long suspension. Speaking to reporters at baseball owners meetings Wednesday, Steinbrenner said he isnt thinking about 2015. Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig suspended Rodriguez for 211 games in August, and arbitrator Fredric Horowitz cut the penalty last weekend to the 2014 season and post-season. The arbitrator found "clear and convincing evidence" the three-time AL MVP used three banned substances and twice tried to obstruct Major League Baseballs investigation of the Biogenesis of America anti-aging clinic. Rodriguez responded by suing MLB and the players association in an effort to overturn the decision. Asked if he would welcome Rodriguez back, Steinbrenner said, "Hes a great player." "I have not though about 2015, nor am I going to right now," Steinbrenner said. "My focus has to be right now. But when hes on and when hes healthy, hes obviously an asset. Well see what happens." Rodriguezs relationship with the Yankees became strained last summer, when he wanted to come off the disabled list following hip surgery before the team said he was ready. Rodriguez returned Aug. 5, the day Selig announced his suspension. In October, Rodriguez sued the Yankees team physician and a New York hospital, accusing them of mishandling his medical care during the 2012 AL playoffs. Rodriguezs salary this year was cut from $25 million to $2,868,852 because of the suspension; Horowitz decided baseball drug agreement requires he lose 162 days of pay over the 183-day season. New York was required to make a $3 million payment to Rodriguez on Wednesday, the last installment of the $10 million signing bonus that is part of the contract Rodriguez agreed to before the 2008 season. The Yankees owe A-Rod $21 million in 2015 and $20 million in each of the deals final two seasons. "Those of you that know me, Im pretty objective in my thinking," Steinbrenner said. "This is business. Im just focusing on the team, a player. Is the player an asset to the club or not? Thats about as far as I look. I dont get personal." Bill Buckner Jersey . -- Kenneth Faried made a turnaround hook shot over Draymond Green with a half-second remaining, and the Denver Nuggets made Golden State wait at least one more game to secure a playoff berth with a stunning 100-99 win over the Warriors on Thursday night. Duane Underwood Jr. Jersey . 1. AMIR JOHNSON: Nice to see him back in the lineup Tuesday night in Washington DC. Played with great energy and purpose. Its amazing when a guy gets those few precious days to recover what it does to the bounce in their step and overall game/confidence. http://www.customcubsjersey.com/custom-r...1050n.html . The senior threw for 319 yards and no interceptions in his final college game, leading No.A pair of unbeaten teams take to the ice on Tuesday, as the Toronto Maple Leafs host the Colorado Avalanche in a battle at Air Canada Centre. You can watch the game on TSN at 7pm et/4pm pt and follow along with our GameTracker. Meanwhile, Colorado is 2-0 to begin a season for the first time since 2009-10. The franchise hasnt won three in a row to start a campaign since the Quebec Nordiques jumped out to a 5-0 start at the beginning of the 1994-95 season. Of course, Colorado head coach Patrick Roy is still unbeaten in his debut season behind the bench. Its been a great start for Roys Avalanche, who have scored nine goals this season while only allowing two. However, Tuesdays game will mark the clubs first road game of the season and the Avalanche were just 4-16-4 as the guest last season. After routing the Anaheim Ducks by a 6-1 score in the season opener last week, the Avs notched a 3-1 win over the Nashville Predators on Friday. P.A. Parenteau scored a pair of goals to help lift Colorado Avalanche to the home win. "I thought we played a strong 60 minutes tonight," said Parenteau. "Our defense had a few lapses, but we were able to stay in. It always seems our games with Nashville are low-scoring defensive battles." Patrick Bordeleau scored the other goal for Colorado and No. 1 overall pick Nate MacKinnon continued his quick start, adding an assist, the rookies third of the season. Semyon Varlamov turned away 25 shots in the victory and the Russian netminder will make his third start of the season on Tuesday. Colorado forward Gabriel Landeskog missed his clubs second game of the season after sustaining a leg injury in the opener, but the 2011-12 Calder Trophy winner is expected to be in the lineup tonight. The Avs and Leafs last met on Oct. 17, 2011, when Colorado recorded a 3-2 win in overtime. Colorado has taken three straight and four of its past five games in TToronto and has won four of six in this series overall. Brandon Kintzler Jersey. Toronto last played on Saturday, when it overcame a two-goal deficit to beat the visiting Ottawa Senators in a shootout. Mason Raymond and Tyler Bozak tallied shootout goals while Jonathan Bernier turned away both shots he faced to help the Maple Leafs secure two points in the 5-4 decision. Bernier stopped all 15 shots he faced in regulation and overtime after taking over between the pipes midway through the second period for James Reimer, who yielded four goals on 21 shots. Raymond, Nazem Kadri, Joffrey Lupul and James van Riemsdyk scored for Toronto, which overcame a 4-2 deficit to force extra time. Lupul notched his goal 17 seconds before the second intermission and van Riemsdyk lit the lamp 2:52 into the third frame to tie the score. "We played in parts and we were sloppy throughout it but we still found a way to get two points," Toronto head coach Randy Carlyle remarked. "So well take that and move on." Carlyle is expected to stick with the hot hand on Tuesday and give Bernier the start on Tuesday. The 25-year-old goaltender is 2-0 with a 0.64 goals against average and .979 save percentage in two games, having stopped 46-of-47 shots so far in his brief Maple Leafs career. Leafs forward Jay McClement will be a game time decision Tonight, he missed the morning skate to be with his wife who went into labour Tuesday morning. "Hopefully it comes quicker than later," said Carlyle, mindful of a game looming with the Colorado Avalanche. "But its something we dont have control over. "You cant blame me for that one guys," he told reporters, drawing laughs.  The Maple Leafs have opened the season with a 3-0 mark and tonight the club will aim for its four-game winning streak to open a season since the start of the 2010-11 campaign. ' ' '