Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
He urged his team to learn lessons
NEW YORK -- Madison Bumgarner pitched a two-hitter and Hunter Pence homered twice to lead the San Francisco Giants to a 9-0 win over the New York Mets on Sunday. Glenn Anderson Jersey . Bumgarner (13-8) beat the Mets again, running his record to 3-0 in five games against them and giving the Giants their third win in 10 games. Brandon Belt and Buster Posey also went deep for the Giants. The left-hander struck out 10 and walked one in his second career shutout (the other was a one-hitter in 2012 against the Reds), wrapping up Sundays gem with a punch out of pinch-hitter Travis dArnaud to wrap up the game in a tidy 94 pitches. Mets starter Bartolo Colon (10-9) was going for win No. 200, but the Giants got to him with a couple of home runs that barely cleared the wall before he started to look eminently hittable in the three-run fifth inning. Pences two-run shot in the third was a line drive that went off the railing above the moved-in fence in left field. Brandon Belt hit a towering fly to right that tucked in just over the fence and inside the pole there for a 3-0 lead. Bumgarner singled and scored his first of two runs on Pences double in the fifth, and Posey drove him in before Pablo Sandovals single ended Colons afternoon. The easygoing 41-year-old right-hander tossed the ball gently in the air on the mound as he waited for Collins to remove him. Colon allowed six runs and eight hits in 4 2-3 innings as he tried for his 200th career win. TRAINERS ROOM Giants: OF Angel Pagan (back) was set to continue his rehab assignment with a move to Triple-A Fresno, where the organization hopes to get him in games Monday and Tuesday. UP NEXT Giants: Right-hander Tim Hudson (8-8) has a 1.77 ERA in his three starts since the All-Star break. He had a no-decision against the Mets earlier this season in San Francisco in a game the Giants won 5-4 on June 7. Mets: Righty Dillon Gee (4-4) makes his fifth career start against the Giants, against whom he has a 6.75 ERA and 0-1 record. BARTOLO AT THE BAT Fans could be heard groaning in disappointment for all three of Colons swing-and-misses during his third-inning at bat, but applauded his effort as he returned to the dugout. BACK IN BASH The Giants entered Sundays game with two home runs in their past 10 games, but added four against New York pitching. Pence hit Nos. 14 and 15 this season, while Poseys was his 13th and Belt hit his 11th. Jacques Plante Jersey .C., won gold in the womens 200-metre backstroke, and Dominique Bouchard of North Bay, Ont. Edmonton Oilers Pro Shop . Some members of the U.S. Congress arent so sure. They say Russia isnt doing enough to assure that athletes will be protected at the Feb. 7-23 games, happening not far from an Islamic insurgency that Russias huge security apparatus has struggled for two decades to quell. Russia may run greater risks in towns outside the tightly controlled Olympic zone. Suicide bombs last month a few hundred kilometres (miles) away have increased concerns, and an Islamic warlord has urged his followers to attack the Sochi Olympics, Russian President Vladimir Putins pet project. https://www.cheapoilers.com/685s-jari-ku...ilers.html . Bilbaos first victory in four rounds lifted it four points clear of Real Sociedad and kept it in command of Spains last Champions League berth for next season. In contrast, Betis was left 11 points from safety after a dismal performance that at times bordered on self-destruction amid some questionable refereeing decisions.The rivalry between Carlos Sainz and Max Verstappen has the potential to become more intense than that of Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton, says Sky Sports F1 pundit Martin Brundle. Sainz and Verstappen eventually finished the Australian GP in ninth and 10th respectively but the teenager was furious with both Toro Rosso and his team-mate at Albert Park.Verstappen, last seasons Rookie of the Year, felt he was held up by Sainz on several occasions - most notably behind Jolyon Palmer in the Renault. Both youngsters have been tipped as future superstars and, as Rosberg and Hamilton have proved during their time at Mercedes, a spiky relationship off the track makes for compelling viewing.The squabble between these two emerging stars in Formula 1 is going to be like Hamilton and Rosberg - but probably even more intense, noted Brundle during commentary on Sunday. 2016 Australian GP ratingsVerstappen, fifth on the grid, started the grand prix strongly, keeping Hamilton at bay during his first stint. But strategy calls as well as a slow pitstop halted his progress, and the real fireworks came over team radio during his pursuit of Sainz and Palmer in the battle for ninth.Can I try to get past? he said in one of many expletive-laden outbursts. Let me drive, this takes too long.Come on, we have to do something! Its a joke. The Sky Sports F1 pundits react to some heated radio messages from Toro Rossos Max Verstappen and say that he needs to keep calm to progress. Wholesale Oilers Jerseys. While Sainz was told to push by Toro Rosso, Verstappen believes his team should have done more to help him secure many more points in Melbourne. The Dutchman was also angered by delays from his pit crew; after Sainz was called in first, the tyres were not ready for Verstappen upon his second stop.He urged his team to learn lessons from Sundays race, but also said he doesnt care what they choose to do regarding place-swapping with his Spanish team-mate in the future.Australian GP conclusionsNormally I should be miles ahead, Verstappen said, as reported by Motorsport. It should be fine.I knew I was much faster today. Im not worried that the pace is not there. We just had a bad pitstop and then when you come out you are behind. To be honest for me its fine. I feel I have everything under control. I dont feel the pressure of him. Im focussing ahead, thats my competition.Sainz, meanwhile, insists he doesnt have an issue with the 18-year-old but that he did not miss any overtaking moves during the race.I overtook eight or ten cars today on a track, he said.Sky F1s Damon Hill also claimed Verstappens complaining was misguided, adding: That was the first sign of immaturity weve seen from Max.Dont miss the F1 Report for all the reaction and analysis from the Australian GP. Natalie Pinkham is joined by David Brabham and former McLaren mechanic Marc Priestley on Wednesday at 8:30pm on Sky Sports F1. Every race live in 2016 Sky Sports F1 brings you every race live in 2016. Fast and easy online upgrade - click here. Also See: Australian GP conclusions Australian GP driver ratings ' ' '