Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change also has come in the way rackets
COLUMBUS, Ohio -- After a forgettable weekend, Anton Khudobin helped the Carolina Hurricanes get a much-needed victory on Tuesday night. Air Force 1 White Fake . Khudobin made a career-high 46 saves and Andrei Loktionov and Patrick Dwyer each had a goal and an assist to send Carolina past the Columbus Blue Jackets 3-1. Nathan Gerbe also scored, and Jay Harrison added two assists for the Hurricanes, who were criticized by coach Kirk Muller after weekend losses to Boston and Edmonton. "In the neutral zone we did a better job of getting speed and getting on the forecheck," Carolinas Jordan Staal said. Boone Jenner scored for Columbus, which outshot the Hurricanes 19-0 in the third period. Carolina jumped ahead at 3:41 on its first shot. Gerbe grabbed a loose puck that defenceman Fedor Tyutin couldnt handle and on an odd-man rush and scored his 15th of the season from the right circle. "When you score first its always important and gives you a little confidence," Khudobin said. "Im happy with the win. I would probably be more happy if I didnt get scored on with like a minute left. But we got the result, we won. Thats most important for me." The Hurricanes were close to a playoff spot on Feb. 7, but they entered the game having lost nine of 12 and are likely to miss the post-season again. The Blue Jackets are in a tight race in the Eastern Conference playoff race. They dropped a rare one at home where they are 10-3-1 in their past 14. "It seemed we had some pretty good quality chances," Columbus coach Todd Richards said. "We hit a couple posts (during the game). We had our opportunities. I think we were doing some things to create offence. We just werent able to finish." Sergei Bobrovsky allowed three goals on 20 shots. He was replaced by Curtis McElhinney to start the third period. Early in the second period, Loktionov poked home his fifth to make it 2-0 on the power play -- and Carolinas eighth shot -- with Jenner in the box for delay of game. Bobrovksy stopped Harrisons point shot -- that broke the stick of Columbus Derek MacKenzie propelling the blade into the slot -- but defenceman Jack Johnson couldnt stop Loktionov. "I think the second period we picked it up and basically we scored at the right time with timely goals," Muller said. Columbus had chances the rest of the period, but couldnt beat Khudobin, who made a nice stop on R.J. Umberger. The Blue Jackets took two more penalties in the period that tempered their momentum. Then with room down the right side, Dwyer scored his seventh at 17:20 on a slap shot from the right circle that beat Bobrovsky near side. In the third period, Khudobin turned aside one shot after another until Jenner scored his 13th on a redirection with 50 seconds left. "Its funny, weve been on the other end so many times this year outshooting teams and coming up short," Muller said. "Change it around tonight and your goalie wins the hockey game. I guess it balances it out." Notes: The 47 shots for Columbus were a season high. ...The Hurricanes last won in Columbus on March 8, 2004, a span of four games. ... Blue Jackets LW Blake Comeau knocked Hurricanes D Ryan Murphy from the game in the first period with a hit into the glass. It was Comeaus first game since a two-game suspension for boarding Red Wings defenceman Brendan Smith. ... Hurricanes C Elias Lindholm and D Justin Faulk fell ill and were late scratches. Air Force 1 Black Sale .com) - Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh called Joe Flacco the NFLs best quarterback last week. Air Force 270 China . How foolishly wrong I was. Forget the now inherent corruption and back handed favours that plague the beautiful game. Goal Line Technology? Youre having a laugh. As for them penalty cheating bandits, footballs lawmakers upend them by awarding the penalty to the opponent each time a player attempts to con the referee into awarding ghost penalties. http://www.airforce1storesale.com/fake-a...utlet.html .com) - The Golden State Warriors have started another winning streak and theyll try to pad it Tuesday night when they head to Staples Center to face the Los Angeles Lakers.TORONTO -- Roger Federer is enjoying the good life. At 33, he has 17 Grand Slam titles and a family of four children after his wife gave birth to twin boys in May. Now, as he plays in a U.S. Open warm up at the Rogers Cup, he considers himself "more laid back" than at any time in his career. "I see the positive side of things today," Federer said. "When I was younger I felt much more pressure. I felt like I had to do what people said, and I would listen to everything. Today I kind of go my pace, and I really enjoy it in the process." Federer got off to a fine start in Toronto on Tuesday night, advancing to the third round with a 6-2, 6-0 victory against Canadian wildcard Peter Polansky. The second-seeded Swiss star is going for his third title of the year. He still has "the determination to go out there and work hard and still have the motivation, which I think is something thats really, really important," said former star Stefan Edberg, now Federers coach. "Its been good to see him making some progress this year." Federer does not feel the obligation to play as many tournaments as he once did. He is ranked No. 3 and taking a simpler approach to the game. "I feel like I dont really have to prove anything to anybody, even though people are always going to disagree with that," Federer said. "For me its about how do I feel in practice, how is my motivation, how am I actually really playing, how do I feel it, rather than how is everybody else thinking they see and know it. I can analyze it much more clearer today than I ever have." Federer has seen plenty of changes in tennis since turning pro in 1998. Back thenn, he said, there was much more turnover between No. Air Force 1 Off White Fake. 1 players. Since February 2004, the top spot has rotated among Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic. Federer hasnt been No. 1 since 2012, but he spent a record 302 weeks there. Change also has come in the way rackets are made and strung. "I think some tournament directors are probably sick and tired of just the big-serving matches where theres no rallies whatsoever, and it got very physical and athletic from the back of the court," he said. "And, in the process, we lost a lot of volley players. "Coaches everywhere, around the world, have made sure that their players are very good just forehand and backhand players and good servers, but neglected probably a little bit of volley play, even though I do believe there is a place for it. But it became harder and harder and everyone who had success was a baseline player. "Clearly then, you inspire the next generation by doing that. And I think now were again at a crossroads a little bit where things are speeding up." But, for him, things are slowing down. At his peak, he was counted on to do news conferences in English, German and French. Federer will still gladly do that or help build ticket sales for a tournament. But hes also prepared to step back. "I feel like less is more because people already know a lot about me," he said. "And I think the stage is also for other players to make a name for themselves." Still, theres an opponent across the net. That never changes. "Its also about improving at this stage of your career," Edberg said. "There is still room for improvements." ' ' '