Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
alpine skier Jan Hudec took bronze in the mens
BOSTON -- New Orleans reserve forward Ryan Anderson was taken from the court on a stretcher after colliding with Bostons Gerald Wallace in the fourth quarter on Friday night. Taj Gibson Jersey . The Celtics said a preliminary diagnosis indicated a "cervical stinger." He was taken to a local hospital for evaluation. "I cant really disclose that stuff," Pelicans coach Monty Williams said after the game. "We are just praying for his health. He looked like he was OK. I was more worried about his mother. I know shes at home, a nervous wreck, so hopefully she hears this message and is cool with the fact that hes OK and in good hands." Anderson and Wallace collided near the Celtics basket with 11:02 to play. They both went to the floor hard. Anderson remained on his back as he was being checked by the teams trainer and a Celtics doctor before a stretcher was summoned. "It was tough," teammate Anthony Davis said. "Its a sad situation. You dont want to see one of your guys go down, especially one of your leaders. We just prayed for him, but at the same time weve got to try and win the game." After about a 5-minute delay, he was put in a back brace and then on a stretcher before being wheeled off to applause from the TD Garden crowd. Both teams came out and surrounded him when the stretcher was brought out. Anderson had 13 points and seven rebounds before leaving. "I know what hes going through, the thought process," Wallace said. "I mean, I know the whole process of him lying on the floor waiting on a stretcher to come get you. So my whole thing was just the activity to see him fall, see him moving." Wallace said Anderson told him he was OK. "He said he was all right," Wallace said. New York Knicks Pro Shop .com) - The Los Angeles Dodgers made it official Tuesday and signed pitcher Brandon McCarthy to a four-year contract. Gerald Wilkins Jersey . -- Even as Chris Paul remained evasive about his future, he did what team leaders are expected to do. https://www.cheapknicks.com/951x-phil-ja...nicks.html .Mack, a reserve guard who came in averaging 3.8 points, made all six of his 3-pointers as the Hawks went 16 for 28 from behind the arc.Trailing 50-38 midway through the second quarter, Atlanta outscored Cleveland 89-48 the rest of the way and sent the Cavaliers to their largest loss of the season.Canadas Dominique Maltais won the silver medal in the Olympic womens snowboard cross event in Sochi on Sunday. Its the second Olympic podium for Maltais, a native of Petite-Rivière-Saint-François, Que., who was the bronze medallist at the 2006 Turin Olympics. "In the final I just wanted to go full on," said Maltais. "Today was my day. Im so so happy its done and I made it and I finished on the podium." In 2010, Maltais crashed during her final Olympic training run, failed to advance past the elimination stage and finished in 20th place. "Its a good revenge for Vancouver," said Maltais "I wanted to prove to the world that I could do better than in Vancouver. I wanted to enjoy everything, especially this one as I knew it will be the last one. I never tried so hard as I did for this." Canada now has 14 medals at the Games. Earlier in the day, alpine skier Jan Hudec took bronze in the mens super-G. Eva Samkova, 20, of the Czech Republic won the womens snowboard cross gold in her first Olympic Games.  The win marked the Czechs first ever Olympic medal in snowboarding. Chloe Trespeuch of France, also making her Olympic debut, took the bronze. "I just wanted to bee confident with myself," said Samkova. Allonzo Trier Jersey. "I couldnt imagine this - it was very fortunate for me." Samkova, known for competing with a mustache drawn on her face, chose red, white and blue for Sundays race. "Its a lucky moustache. Today its in national colours." Reigning Olympic champion Maëlle Ricker of Squamish, B.C., crashed in her quarter-final heat and finished 21st. "I was off rhythm today right out of the gate," said Ricker. "Im half proud of my effort and half disappointed and shocked." The 35-year-old snowboard suffered a compounded fracture in her left forearm while training in Aspen, Colo,. and underwent surgery less than three weeks ago. "I just want to say that Im really proud of our Canadian Olympic Committee and Canada Snowboard for everything theyve done to help get me back in the gate today," she said. "Without them this definitely wouldnt be possible and all the support from all Canadians as well - everybody had my back. Im sorry." Medal favourite Lindsey Jacobellis of the U.S. went down in the semifinal and won the small final to finish seventh. Two other snowboarders were also hurt in qualifying crashes. ' ' '