Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your emotions take you for a little bit of a ride
The Dallas Cowboys have reportedly added an insurance quarterback in case starter Tony Romo is, in fact, unable to play in Sundays critical NFC East showdown against the Philadelphia Eagles. Jerry Lucas Jersey . Jon Kitna, who last played in the NFL with the Cowboys two seasons ago, has agreed to return to Dallas, according to the Dallas Morning News. Reports earlier Tuesday indicated Romo received an epidural injection to relieve pain on the herniated disc in his back, an injury he suffered in last Sundays win over the Redskins. The injection is a standard procedure in treating a herniated disc and the Cowboys hope to know by Wednesday or Thursday if the shot had a positive effect. Still, Kitna has apparently been added as a potential backup for Kyle Orton if Romo doesnt dress. Kitna, 41, has played 15 seasons in the NFL and started nine games for Dallas in 2010. He appeared in three games in relief the next season before retiring at the end of the year. He has a career quarterback rating of 77.4 and has thrown 169 touchdown passes and 165 interceptions in 141 games. Custom Golden State Warriors Jerseys . Louis Blues have returned to the top spot in the TSN. Jim King Jersey . -- Once again, Carlos Santana was a huge hit in Kansas City. https://www.cheapwarriors.com/319o-chris...riors.html . The deals were announced on Friday. Beckham will receive $4.175 million in base salary, while De Aza will receive $4.25 million. Beckham hit .267 with five home runs and 24 RBIs over 103 games last season, his fifth with the White Sox.MONTREAL - The sight of George Parros laid out on the ice cast a long shadow on Tuesday. Parros suffered a concussion early in the third period of the Montreal Canadiens 4-3 home-opener loss to the rival Toronto Maple Leafs after slamming face first into the ice during a fight. Parros was knocked unconscious after a tussle with Colton Orr - their second fight of an unruly game - brought him tumbling to the ice. He fell hard on his chin while attempting to punch Orr, who was tugging at Parros jersey. "Thanks for all the well wishes everyone," said Parros from his verified Twitter account a few hours after the game, adding the hashtag "classyfollowers." The hard-hitting Canadiens forward spent several minutes motionless on the ice, attended to by the teams medical staffs, before being taken off on a stretcher. The Canadiens announced that he was released from hospital on Wednesday morning and is out indefinitely. "You never want to see a guy get hurt like that," said Orr. "It was a scary situation. I just hope hes all right. "It happened fast. I slipped and he came on top of me. The ice isnt going to give." Parros and Orr have a long history. The two have fought each other several times in the past, and Orr was injured in a similar fight with Parros two years ago at Torontos Air Canada Centre. Parros, then with the Anaheim Ducks, landed on Orr, who suffered a concussion and didnt play for the rest of that season. Parros teammates are hoping he will be back with the team soon. "Any time you see a guy go down — no matter what team hes on — its pretty scary," said Canadieens captain Brian Gionta. Jordan Poole Jersey. "Hopefully things are all right, and that hell bounce back quickly. "Its tough. You have a guy whos coming into a new team and he wants to establish himself. He had a good game tonight stepping up for his guys and protecting his guys. You never like to see him go down like that." Shortly after the incident, Torontos Mason Raymond — in his first game with the Leafs — put the game out of Montreals reach, scoring the eventual game-winner. Brendan Gallagher thinks his team didnt react as well as they could have after Parros injury. "Your emotions take you for a little bit of a ride," said Gallagher. "We would have liked to respond better. Its tough to see your teammate down. Were human and we react like humans. "When it happens, its tough. But as soon as the puck drops, you get back to playing. Knowing him and knowing the person he is, hell recover and be in our lineup in no time." Parros injury could reignite the debate about whether fighting has a place in hockey. But Josh Gorges doesnt think it should. "I see more players get hurt from hits, collisions, from pucks, than I do from fights," said Gorges. "I dont think saying because a player got hurt in a fight that now we have to talk about taking fighting away. And I bet that if you ask George (Parros), hell be the first to agree with me on that one too." Parros joined Montreal this summer after one season with the Florida Panthers. Tuesdays game was his first in a Canadiens uniform. Montreals next game is Saturday, Oct. 5, at home against the Philadelphia Flyers. ' ' '