Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
we understand theyre going to throw
SALT LAKE CITY -- Down three starters and behind by 20 points in the fourth quarter, the Sacramento Kings tried to foul their way back into the game. Cheap Nmd China . It almost worked. Derrick Favours had 17 points and 12 rebounds, Marvin Williams added 16 points and 11 rebounds, and the Jazz held off the depleted Kings 106-99 on Monday night. "If you build a lead like that then its easier when you have some lapses down the stretch. You have a little room for error," Utah forward Gordon Hayward said. Enes Kanter added 16 points and Jeremy Evans tied a career high with 14 points and grabbed 10 rebounds as the Jazz took advantage of injuries that have left Sacramento without frontcourt starters DeMarcus Cousins and Rudy Gay for the past three games. "We had a size advantage so we wanted to mix up plays with the pick-and-rolls. I thought the two guys, Derrick and Enes, did a good job of getting in low position and made some good passes when they didnt have a chance to make a play for themselves," Utah coach Tyrone Corbin said. In addition to Cousins and Gay being out, Kings point guard Isaiah Thomas left in the third quarter with an illness. "Some of our guys were like, Oh boy, what are we going to do now? Now we have Isaiah, Rudy and DeMarcus all out. It was shellshock," Sacramento coach Mike Malone said. The Kings resorted to Plan B -- foul as much as possible -- and that shocked the Jazz. "Im going to do everything I can to extend the game and give us a chance to win. They were having their way with us, but we always try to identify certain guys who may be poor free throw shooters," Malone said. After the Jazz sent their starters to the bench with the game seemingly in hand, the Kings mounted an unlikely comeback that fell just short. Sacramento trimmed a 20-point lead to five in the final minute but came up empty on three of its final four possessions. "Whew, that was closer than it needed to be," Evans said. Jason Thompson scored a season-high 19 points and grabbed 11 rebounds for the Kings, who lost their fourth consecutive game. Derrick Williams had 17 points and 15 boards. The Jazz set an NBA season high with 53 free throw attempts. Utah went 12 for 25 at the line in the fourth quarter, allowing the Kings to make things interesting. Sacramento, whistled for 36 fouls, began hacking Utahs surprised reserves midway through the fourth quarter. "I wasnt expecting that at all. I feel a little disrespected. I missed some and that messed me up mentally," said Evans, who came into the game shooting 73 per cent from the line. The Jazz took control in the third with a 17-7 run that was capped by seven straight points from Marvin Williams. His free throws gave Utah an 81-67 lead with 1:36 left in the period. The Jazz stretched the lead to 20 as both teams played backups in the fourth quarter. The Kings started intentionally fouling big men Rudy Gobert and Evans, who were a combined 7 of 16 from the line. The scheme worked, and Ben McLemores three-point play brought the Kings to 104-99 with 31 seconds to play. John Lucas III made one of two free throws and Diante Garrett split a pair of foul shots to finally put the Kings away. "We really competed in the fourth quarter. Thats all you can do, especially when you have three starters out," Derrick Williams said. Cousins missed his third straight game with a sprained left ankle and Gay warmed up his strained left Achilles but felt he couldnt go and was scratched from the lineup just before the opening tip. Utah shot 40 per cent from the field but still moved ahead of the Kings in the standings. "Its a good feeling for us to move out of last place in the West. Its a step forward for us as a team," Hayward said. Thomas averaged 27.6 points over the previous five games but mustered only 10 on 4-of-13 shooting. He vomited at halftime and played just 8 minutes in the second half because of his stomach ailment. His streak of consecutive games with a 3-pointer ended at 37, two short of Mitch Richmonds franchise record. NOTES: The Kings were given a delay of game warning for not getting to centre court for the opening tip in time. ... McLemore poked Evans in the eye as he drove to the hoop. Evans missed both free throws while squinting at the basket. ... Kings G Jimmer Fredette, who played at nearby BYU, received loud cheers when he scored and boos when he brought the ball up the court. He finished with eight points. ... Sacramento outscored the Jazz 52-38 in the paint despite the absence of Cousins and Gay. Sneakers Outelt Clearance . He never mentioned anything about his hitting. The 33-year-old right-hander had success with both Sunday, pitching six solid innings and helping the offence-starved Mets with an RBI single as New York salvaged a doubleheader split with a 4-2 win over the Arizona Diamondbacks. Cheap Balenciaga Shoes China . Two-time Olympic bronze medallists Savchenko and Szolkowy received 79.02 points to finish ahead of world bronze medallists Meagan Duhamel and Eric Radford of Canada, who had 77.01 points. http://www.outletsneakersclearance.com/f...-plus.html . In fact, with a few improvements, this could very well be a decent team over the next few seasons. I will go into more detail when digging into the Canucks Off-Season Game Plan, which will be coming earlier this year since they are part of the non-playoff contingent, there are some reasons to think this is a favourable situation for President of Hockey Operations Trevor Linden and whomever he selects to be the new general manager.TORONTO - For the streaking Raptors, the element of surprise is rapidly dissipating with each passing victory.   The word is out: theyre not to be taken lightly.    Now, its not just that theyre winning, but its how theyre winning and who theyre beating that has put Toronto back on the NBA radar.   "You win in Dallas and win at Oklahoma City in particular, those are like springboard games," said Frank Vogel, coach of the league-best Indiana Pacers, moments before his team dropped a 95-82 stunner in Toronto Wednesday evening. "Theres a residual effect that carries with you over the next period of games, next stretch of games."    "You just play with more confidence, more togetherness," he continued. "And thats what theyre going through right now."   Add the Pacers to that list of monumental, confidence-boosting casualties.   It had all the makings of a long night at the office for the Raptors in the second game of a back-to-back, fresh off a hard-fought comeback win in Chicago. Regardless of the outcome, Dwane Casey had planned to use Wednesdays contest as a litmus test to measure his improving club against an elite defensive opponent. "Well find out how far we need to go or if were there already," Casey said before the game.   "Last year or even two months ago [in this situation] I dont know what we would have done but were meeting the challenge," the Raptors coach added after the win, the Raptors fourth straight and ninth in 12 contests.    Again, Toronto proved to be adaptable facing a top-five defence for the second straight night, grinding out another low-scoring affair by making timely plays on both ends of the floor.   "Weree going to go out there and battle with the best of em, night in and night out," exclaimed DeMar DeRozan, who scored 10 of his game-high 26 points in the fourth quarter. Cheap Yeezys Fake.  "We dont care who you throw out there in front of us, we understand theyre going to throw a punch and were going to throw punches back."   Toronto outscored the visiting Pacers 55-38 in the second half, 29-19 in the fourth quarter and totaled 27 assists on 32-made field goals on the evening.    "The toughness of our team is just building every single night," Kyle Lowry boasted after recording a season-high 14 assists, the most hes registered as a Raptor, to go along with 13 points. "Were just all out there playing. Just trying to find out how we can win games."   "Indiana is one of the top teams in the league but our guys battled," Casey echoed. "We came in hungry and fought for 48 minutes, stayed with the game plan and executed."   For the first time since 2010 Toronto is a .500 team 30 games into the season. Its also the best record the team has had under Casey, this late into the campaign.   "Personally, I dont give a crap," said Casey, asked what his teams recent success means to him, a coach with an expiring deal. "I mean, its not about me. Its about that team in there in that locker room. Im going to be in coaching for a long time. so its not about me, its about those guys in the locker room. For them, I think its another huge step as far as their growth is concerned and I truly mean that."    "But Consistency in this league is huge. Swagger is great when you have it, but its a fleeting thing when you dont hold onto it." ' ' '