Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
added his homer in the seventh
IMATRA, Finland -- A strong third period left Canada still unbeaten at the world under-18 hockey championship. Air Jordan 1 Offerte . Ryan Gropp, Travis Konecny and Jared McCann scored third-period goals to lead Canada to a 5-2 win over Germany on Saturday. Gropp broke a 2-2 tie at 14:24 of the third before Konecny put the defending champions ahead 4-2 at 16:18. McCann rounded out the scoring with 35 seconds remaining to play as Canada outshot Germany 20-5 in the final frame. "It was certainly a strong third period for us, it was nice to finish that way and come out with the win," said Canadian team coach Kevin Dineen. "Im going to take a little bit of responsibility for our first couple of periods because I dont think I prepared our team properly for a very stiff game against Germany. "I thought they played extremely well and I thought it took us a long time to realize we were in for a tough hockey game . . . it was an extremely even game until the end." Daniel Audette and Conner Bleackley also scored for Canada (2-0), which opened the tournament with a 3-1 victory over Sweden on Thursday. And Dineen, who guided Canadas womens team to Olympic gold in Sochi, Russia, felt that strong start mayve contributed to his teams play through two periods against Germany. "We played extremely well and extremely hard against Sweden to start the tournament," Dineen said. "I think we all had it in the back of our heads that Germany was going to be a little bit of an easy game . . . and it almost took us 40 minutes to get our straps going." Julio Billia stopped 21 shots for Canada, which outshot Germany 42-23 overall. Dineen and his players dont have much time to relish their latest win. Canada faces Slovakia on Sunday. "Thats really tournament hockey, you have to understand that things come fast and furious here," Dineen said. "You look at some things in the rear-view mirror and take some quick lessons. Well have a much better challenge (versus Slovakia). "I thought (against Germany) we were extremely spread out, we were all over the ice and trying to make special plays instead of having support, whether it be on offence or defence. I think theres good lessons for us to learn." Air Max 95 Scontate Outlet . The 22-year-old Kreider was injured Friday night in New Yorks win at Columbus, but played in the next two games -- including Monday nights win over Phoenix. But the left winger, who has 17 goals and 37 points this season, was limited to about 10 minutes of ice time in each of the previous games. Yeezy False . Sami Vatanen had a goal and an assist and Anaheim used a four-goal first period to extend their winning streak to six games with a 5-2 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Tuesday night. http://www.yeezyscarpeitaliaoutlet.it/sc...nline.html . The same for both the Calgary Flames and the Edmonton Oilers. SEATTLE -- Dallas Keuchel tried to deflect the praise of his manager and teammates after his second complete game in his last three starts. But there is no denying the stellar performances Keuchel has delivered over the last month. The Houston left-hander pitched a four-hitter in leading the Astros to a 4-1 victory over the Seattle Mariners on Sunday. Keuchel (6-2) struck out six, walked none and allowed just an unearned run that scored on a throwing error in the second inning. He went 8 2-3 innings in a victory over the Angels in his last start, the only thing keeping him from three straight complete games. "He is definitely in a groove right now. Its a joy to watch," manager Bo Porter said. Keuchel has been nearly unhittable in his last four starts. He has earned four victories, thrown two complete games, walked just one and struck out 28. Hes allowed just four earned runs with a 1.08 ERA over that span. "Hes been lights out," first baseman Marc Krauss said. "Hes been everything you can ask for and more lately." Keuchel said hes not trying to nibble at the strike zone anymore; an approach that cost him at times as a rookie last season. Instead, hes trying to be more aggressive with his pitches. "Im just trying to attack the zone," Keuchel said. "Im not trying to be too fine anymore. Thats what I did my rookie year and obviously I had more walks than strikeouts." "Im just trying to go out there and help the team to the best of my ability." Krauss and George Springer hit two-run homers off Hisashi Iwakuma (3-1), who allowed a season-high nine hits. Seattle took the early lead with a two-out rally in the second inning. Mike Zunino and Michael Saunders each singled to put runners on first and second. Cole Gillespie followed with a dribbler off the end of the bat up the third-base line. Keuchel fiellded the ball and threw wide of first base down the right-field line as Zunino scored. Ultra Boost Scontate Outlet. Keuchel retired the next 14 batters and faced the minimum 22 batters after Gillespies single in the second. Mariners manager Lloyd McClendon wasnt as impressed with Keuchels outing. He called Keuchel "average" and put the onus on his offence for not getting the job done. "I saw average stuff," McClendon said. "We didnt swing the bats very good. At some point, youve got to stop giving credit to average pitchers. That becomes a broken record. At some point, weve got to start swinging the bats." Meanwhile, the Astros finally broke through in the sixth inning. Jose Altuve singled and Springer followed with a two-run blast to left field for his fourth homer in his last three games. It was also Springers seventh home run of the month. Krauss added his homer in the seventh to extend the lead to 4-1, matching the most runs Iwakuma allowed this season. NOTES: Houston optioned OF L.J. Hoes to Triple-A Oklahoma City following the game and recalled OF Robbie Grossman. Grossman is expected to return to the lineup as the teams every day left fielder. ... Houston C Carlos Corporan was the only Astros batter that failed to get a hit. ... Mariners OF James Jones had his streak of hits in his first 15 starts and last 14 straight games ended with a 0-for-4 performance. ... Seattle 2B Robinson Canos streak of reaching base in a career-high 31 straight games also ended with a 0-for-4 day. ... McClendon didnt rule out the possibility of LHP James Paxton rejoining the starting rotation following a rehab start for Triple-A Tacoma on Saturday night. Paxton allowed three runs (two earned) on four hits with two walks and five strikeouts in a 62-pitch outing. Paxton has been on the disabled list since April 9 with a strained left latissimus dorsi muscle. ' ' '