Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Toronto Maple Leafs have re-acquired
BASEL, Switzerland - Fourth-seeded Canadian Milos Raonic hit 12 aces and saved all five break points he faced as he beat Steve Johnson of the United States 7-6 (4), 6-4 in the first round of the Swiss Indoors on Tuesday. Nike Air Max Womens 90 Grey .Johnson, who did not face a break point in the first set, saved one on his opening service game in the second set, where he also missed four chances to break Raonics serve.Raonic, from Thornhill, Ont., ended a three-match losing skid by breaking Johnsons serve for the first time in the 10th game. The Canadian will face American Donald Young in the next round.Raonic defeated Young in their only previous meeting last summer in Washington.Meanwhile, eighth-seeded Ivo Karlovic had 23 aces as he advanced with a 7-6 (4), 6-3 win against Lukas Rosol. Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil was scheduled to play his first-round match against Finlands Jarkko Nieminen later Tuesday.Raonic has struggled of late after battling a virus that sapped his strength and limited his energy. But the Canadian came through in the first-set tiebreaker and finished with 12 aces.I managed to stick around in that first set, Raonic said. I made the most of the opportunities I had in the breaker. I felt I was playing better and better, but I need to get significantly better for my next match. But I feel like Im on the right track.Karlovic won 95 per cent of his first-serve points and next plays Frenchman Kenny De Schepper, who beat Argentinas Federico Delbonis 7-6 (3), 7-5.In other first-round action, German Benjamin Becker needed just over one hour to breeze past qualifier Gastao Elias of Portugal 6-3, 6-2. He next faces either third-seeded Stanislas Wawrinka of Switzerland or Kazakhstans Mikhail Kukushkin, who played later Tuesday.Croatias Ivan Dodig needed nearly three hours to get the better of Swiss wild card Marco Chiudinelli 6-4, 6-7 (7), 6-4 and next plays seventh-seeded David Goffin of Belgium.Top-seeded Roger Federer and No. 2 Rafael Nadal, who struggled with appendicitis earlier this month in Shanghai, are in second-round action on Wednesday.Federer, a recent winner in Shanghai, faces Luxembourgs Gilles Muller and Nadal takes on unheralded Frenchman Pierre-Hugues Herbert, a qualifier ranked 120th.Raonic is working to recover his position in the race to reach the eight-man year-end final next month in London. After losing matches in Tokyo, Shanghai and Moscow, the ninth-ranked Canadian fell to 10th in the points race after being passed by Andy Murray and David Ferrer.While he would love to do well in his first appearance in Basel, Raonic said next weeks Paris Masters — with 1,000 points on offer — will be a key event.———With files from The Canadian Press. Nike Air Max Womens 90 Rose . LOUIS -- The St. Nike Air Max Womens 90 Blue . However, it wasnt a problem on Monday night. Evgeni Nabokov made 23 saves for his 56th career shutout in the New York Islanders 3-0 win over the Detroit Red Wings on Monday night. http://www.nikeairmaxwomens90.com/ . A police inspector told The Associated Press the crane operator is not yet suspected of any wrongdoing but is considered a key witness to the accident at the Arena Corinthians.The Toronto Maple Leafs have re-acquired forward Matt Frattin from the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for Jerry DAmigo and a conditional seventh-round pick in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft. Frattin returns to the Leafs who originally drafted him in the fourth round (99th overall) of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft and gave him his start in the NHL. The Leafs dealt him to the Los Angeles Kings as part of the packkage to acquire Jonathan Bernier. Nike Air Max Womens 90 Orange. Frattin scored two goals and added five assists in 44 games with the Kings and Blues in 2013-14. In 126 career games he has scored 17 goals and added 18 assists. DAmigo scored one goal and two assists in 22 games with the Maple Leafs in 2013-14. The Leafs originally drafted DAmigo in the sixth round (158th overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. ' ' '